Nightly Frights

Fans of horror can find their favorite scares or they can find new frights to enjoy!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What is the best way to write horror?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pumpkin Head
Female Victim
Female Victim

PostSubject: What is the best way to write horror?   Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:14 am

How does it compare to writing other stuff?  Well, myself, I have heard of The Hero's Journey in writing - and certainly, a lot of horror will have a hero to save everyone from the villain!  

OK, the hero's journey starts as he/she finds out about a problem, is convinced to do something about it, and later goes thru various steps to solve it, facing obstacles - and while all this is going on, the writer has to make sure the different parts are interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dan The Man
Female Victim
Female Victim

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to write horror?   Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:10 pm

I suppose it depends on what kind of horror you intend on writing. Find out what genre(Psychological Horror,Hero's Journey horror,etc) you want it to be and go from there? You should take a look at a few authors,and see what best works for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.vgr.com/
Demon_skeith
Non-Believer
Non-Believer

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to write horror?   Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:53 am

I think the best way is just to figure out what you feel you are most creative in writing and go from there. If you are good at it, people will become completely scared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IT
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to write horror?   Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:11 am

Demon_skeith wrote:
I think the best way is just to figure out what you feel you are most creative in writing and go from there. If you are good at it, people will become completely scared.

I agree with this. I also want to add that if you can keep a person involved in the story and keep them entertained throughout the entire story, then you've got a good story. But, the fact that it's horror, you have to be able to scare the person reading it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nightlyfrights.forumotion.com
Demon_skeith
Non-Believer
Non-Believer

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to write horror?   Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:21 am

IT wrote:
Demon_skeith wrote:

I agree with this.  I also want to add that if you can keep a person involved in the story and keep them entertained throughout the entire story, then you've got a good story.  But, the fact that it's horror, you have to be able to scare the person reading it.

only problem is you can't scar everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to write horror?   

Back to top Go down

What is the best way to write horror?
Page 1 of 1