Fans of horror can find their favorite scares or they can find new frights to enjoy!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The jump scares

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaDanGuy
Female Victim
Female Victim
DaDanGuy

The jump scares Empty
PostSubject: The jump scares   The jump scares Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Some horror games seem to have quite a few jump scares in them. This is one of my least favorite things in video games because I don't enjoy my heart rate being suddenly increased Razz

Do you think that jump scares can be over used in a horror game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demon_skeith
Hystercial Character
Hystercial Character
Demon_skeith

The jump scares Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jump scares   The jump scares Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 2:13 am

I don't play them, but I like watching people jump out of their seats and screaming like little girls Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyng
Non-Believer
Non-Believer
Kyng

The jump scares Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jump scares   The jump scares Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 1:42 pm

Yeah, I think they're pretty cheap and over-used. They're not even the kind of thing that'll give anyone nightmares: just one brief rush of fright, and then that's it.

I do know of one game (I can't remember the name of it) where it's possible to avoid the jump scares, and it just uses them as a punishment for doing things wrong. I think that's a pretty good way to do it, really!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://tch-forum.com/
Demon_skeith
Hystercial Character
Hystercial Character
Demon_skeith

The jump scares Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jump scares   The jump scares Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 1:37 am

I do wonder if so many are produced in order to make people at the theaters waste more popcorn Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaDanGuy
Female Victim
Female Victim
DaDanGuy

The jump scares Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jump scares   The jump scares Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 2:07 pm

I do think that using them as punishments is pretty cool...I think I have seen the game you are referencing but I can't think of the name of it...

Demon_skeith wrote:
I do wonder if so many are produced in order to make people at the theaters waste more popcorn Razz

lol! This might be the case but I don't think theaters gain a ton of money when this happens Razz I think refills end up being something like .50 cents

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hAZE
Female Victim
Female Victim
hAZE

The jump scares Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jump scares   The jump scares Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 4:07 pm

I actually love a jump scare. Even if I know I'm well over-due one when I'm playing a game (or watching a film etc). The idea of trying to work out when it's coming really makes it fun for me but also the actual jump scare itself is fantastic, I love jumping out of my skin lol. I'm a bit of a werido though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michael Myers
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
Michael Myers

The jump scares Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jump scares   The jump scares Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 9:11 am

I think they can be overused, yes. You have to time it just right so that it happens at the right moments in the game. If you overuse it, people will become immune to it before they finish the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nightlyfrights.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

The jump scares Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jump scares   The jump scares Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The jump scares
Page 1 of 1